Tuesday, August 01, 2006

3D nature of books


my hand bound rice paper book, its an old (20 year) casien painting. the paint permeates both sides of the paper, so turning it into a book was kinda cool. i think it have 6 signitures. (learning the language of book.) bound with waxed linen 4 ply cord.

new class this week-a much different process. i got really into the first project, accordian books. not really interested in anything else right now. this is a tiny one.



here is one using my little 4 x 4 canvas board collages as covers.

this is the inside, the paper is from nepal. i glued the folds together and stuck some thread in there. now i need to figure out how to emblelish the pages.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh those look so cool--I LOVE making books and used to do it all the time, took classes, etc...don't know why I stopped. Maybe next summer I'll take a class with you...